Did You Know?
- - September is National Alcohol & Drug Addiction Recovery Month
- September is also National Suicide Prevention Month Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Day is September 9
- - Addiction is a disease, much the same as heart disease or diabetes. Recovery is possible, with the right treatment. Support those you know and love if they ask for help.
- - Suicide rates are rising, and isolation and loss of treatment during the pandemic has made it even harder to cope with mental health problems that can lead to depression. Please take time to listen – you could be the one to save a life.
- - Even one drink while pregnant is not safe. Drinking during pregnancy can lead to a host of problems for your unborn child. Ask your doctor if you think you need help with alcohol addiction.
CRDC: Prevention Operates In 3 Of Arkansas’s 13 Prevention Regions. These Regions Include 23 Counties In Northeast, North Central, And Eastern Arkansas.
Region 3 Counties include: Cleburne, Fulton, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Sharp, Stone, Van Buren, White, and Woodruff
Region 4 Counties include: Clay, Craighead, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, & Randolph.
Region 7 Counties include: Crittenden, Cross, Lee, Monroe, Phillips, & St. Francis.
What We Do:
- - Raise awareness about the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- - Provide substance abuse prevention support and programs in our regions
- - Provide speakers for schools, churches, civic organizations, and others wanting to learn more about prevention
- - Provide materials to individuals, schools, churches, law enforcement, or any group who needs them
- - Recruit and participate in the Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment (APNA) surveys
- - SYNAR Tobacco Compliance checks and coverage studies
- - Provide assistance to community coalitions, drug free clubs, and others
Regional Prevention Program Locations & Contacts:
Region 3 - 1708 East Main Street Mountain View AR, 72560 (Phone: 870-269-6105)
Contact - Kim Sims(870-819-6685) email@example.com
Contact - Barbara Hacker (870-790-1512) firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 3 - 2485 Harrison St., Suite 5, Batesville, AR 72501
Region 4 - 2401 Fox Meadow Lane, Jonesboro, AR 72404 (Phone: 870-933-0033)
Region 7 - 593 HWY 243, Marianna, AR 72360 (Fax- 870-298-2249)
Contact - Kendon Gray (870-819-7756) email@example.com